Think you need a college degree to get into the tech field? Bootcamps are becoming a popular alternative, or even enhancement, to a traditional college degree. Bootcamps can be completed in a matter of weeks or months and give students training and experience in a specific skill set including programming, data science, and coding.
For students with a college degree, bootcamps can provide students with an in-demand skill set for a career change or advancement. We put together a list of some of the top bootcamps from around the globe, highlighting their strengths and differences. These bootcamps offer a variety of courses, student mentoring opportunities, a hands-on relevant curriculum, and a network of support services to help students find a job in their new field.
Featured Short Courses
Bangalore, India and Walnut, California
The top bootcamp programs offered by Acadgild include certificate programs recognized by companies around the world. Students benefit from live sessions with expert mentors and 24/7 learning support. Popular courses include:
- Data Science Master’s
- Data Analytics with R, Excel and Tableau
- UX & Graphic Design
- Big Data Engineering with Hadoop and Spark
- Analytics for Non-Programmers
Acadgild has over 15,000 students around the globe. Faculty are industry professionals with an average of 15 years experience in the field. Graduates have found success working with companies like Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, and Amazon.
Altcademy features top bootcamps offering structured programs designed by industry experts. Programs are available in:
- Full-stack Web Development
- Front-end Web Development
- Back-end Web Development
Students learn from an evolving curriculum that takes place in a 100% online environment. A live 1-on-1 office hour means students can get their answers quickly. Students can build their professional portfolio by completing real world assignments. Altcademy has had 15,866 learners in 135 cities.
Online or Lehi, Utah
Do you want to learn coding skills that will get you noticed by employers? Bottega offers top bootcamps online backed by the American Counsel of Education. This endorsement means that many universities will recognize Bottega courses for college credit. Programs include:
- Full Stack Python + React
- Front End Development
- Full Stack Ruby
- Data Science
Students can choose to attend full-time on-campus or full or part-time online.
Covalence features top online bootcamps with immersive content, interactive chat, and daily webinars. Students will learn the tools, tips, and tricks of the trade to be successful in the software development trade. Covalence offers over 400 activities, 50 labs, and 14 topics in a dynamic online community. Students can choose from three different program paths depending on their professional goals.
6. Flatiron School
Sydney, Houston, Austin, New York City, London, Atlanta, Seattle, Online, Washington DC, Denver, Chicago, San Francisco
Flatiron School features online and on-campus programs in coding, data science, and UX/UI design. Its mission is to help students launch a new tech career. Courses include:
- Software Engineering
- Data Science
- UX/UI Design
- Cybersecurity Analytics
Flatiron School publishes third-party-verified Jobs Reports, indicating online graduates have an employment rate of 94% and on-campus graduates boast a 97% employment rate. Not quite sure you are ready for a bootcamp experience? Flatiron features three prep courses that will get you started!
5. General Assembly
Sydney, Singapore, Melbourne, Dallas, Stamford, Houston, Austin, New York City, London, Atlanta, Seattle, Online, Detroit, Washington, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Diego, Denver, Boston, Minneapolis, Chicago, Raleigh, Miami, Orlando, San Francisco
General Assembly offers top bootcamps for both individuals and companies. Popular programs include:
- Software Engineering Immersive (Full-time, on-campus)
- Data Science Immersive (Full-time, on-campus)
- UX Design Immersive (Full-time, on-campus)
- Front-End Web Development (Part-time, on-campus)
- Product Management (Part-time, on-campus)
- Data Analytics (Part-time, on-campus)
General Assembly offers several financing options including the Catalyst Program that allows students to pay after they have been hired and low-cost payment plans. With over 20 campuses around the globe and 19,000 hiring partners, you can feel confident that the skills you’ll gain align with industry demands.
Have you wanted a career in data science? RMOTR is a top bootcamp offering top-rated on-demand courses filled with engaging videos, expert instruction, and real world projects. Students can work at their own pace while developing skills that area in demand by leading companies. Popular courses include:
- Intro to Programming with Python
- Functional Programming with Python
- File Management and HTTP
For one monthly (or annual) fee, students have full access to online content including over 200 programming assignments that include solutions and discussions. All courses are developed by industry experts and the curriculum is broken down into manageable segments that help students maintain consistent progress.
3. Science to Data Science
S2DS is Europe’s largest data science training program. Courses are available in London or online. Instead of focusing on theoretical learning, S2DS courses are designed for students to use their analytical experience to solve real-world problems. These five week bootcamp programs are available to students with a PhD or MS degree in an area of analytical science. Students will benefit from a network of peers from around the globe with a passion for data science.
Springboard features a top online bootcamp for professionals who want to future-proof their career. Students will gain skills that employers demand while being mentored by industry experts. Popular courses include:
- Machine Learning Engineering
- UX Design
- Data Analytics
Students have access to an advisor, mentor, online community, and career coach. The curriculum includes hands-on projects and practical advice in areas like interviewing and networking. Springboard has over 10,000 students in 100+ countries!
Online, Detroit, Washington, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Diego, Denver, Boston, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Chicago, Raleigh, Tampa, Miami, Orlando, San Francisco
Thinkful offers top bootcamps that prepare graduates for jobs in tech or they get their tuition back. Courses are offered in:
- Software Engineering
- Data Science
- Data Analytics
- Product Design
Students benefit from one-on-one mentorship throughout their program. In-person meetups and workshops take place in a variety of cities across the country. Graduates are employed at some of the top companies in the world including IBM, Google, and Boeing.
- 100 Great STEM Camps for Kids
- 20 Great Scholarships for Data Science and Big Data
- 250 Great STEM Websites and Apps for Kids
- 30 Best Data Science Blogs
- 30 Best Data Science Books
- 30 Data Science Professors to Watch
- 30 Great Resources for Teaching Kids How to Code
- 50 Great STEM Books for Kids
- Big Data Analytics Training
- Does Data Science Involve Coding?
- Do Most Data Science Careers Require an Advanced Degree?
- How Useful is a Data Science Degree?
- What Can I Do with a Graduate Certificate in Data Science?
- What Industries Use Data Science?
- What is Data Science?
- Why is Data Science Important?
- Will Data Science Become Automated?
- Will Data Science Become Obsolete?
- Will Data Science Continue to Exist Prominently in the Future?
- Will Data Science Replace Actuaries?
- 5 Benefits of Studying Data Science Online
- 5 Books to Help the Lay Person Understand Data Science
- 5 Data Science Conferences
- 5 Common Courses in a Data Science Degree Program
- 5 Types of People Who Should Study Data Science
- 20 Best Data Science Certificate Programs