Arkansas Tech University Data Degree Programs
Arkansas Tech University appears in our ranking of the Top 20 Most Affordable Bachelor’s in Data Science.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Business Analytics
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Business Analytics program offered at Arkansas Tech University are provided the tools necessary to analyze data in order to support business decisions. They also gain an understanding of strategy in order to creatively solve problems. Students learn to manage and analyze data for use in business intelligence as well as how to provide ideas that are data-driven in order to develop solutions and strategies. Courses required for the program include:
- Accounting Principles I & II
- Business and Professional Speaking
- Business Communication
- Business Data Analysis
- Business Finance
- Business Information Systems
- Business Intelligence
- Business Policy
- Business Problem Solving
- Business Spreadsheet Modeling
- Business Statistics
- Calculus for Business and Economics
- Data Analytics Apps Development
- Data Modeling and Management
- Introduction to Business
- Legal Environment of Business
- Managerial Accounting or Cost Accounting
- Management and Organizational Behavior
- Management Information Systems
- Marketing Research and Analysis
- Money and Banking
- Principles of Economics I & II
- Principles of Marketing
- Project Management
- Quantitative Business Analysis
MBA with Data Analytics Concentration
In 2017, Arkansas Tech University introduced a Master of Business Administration degree with an emphasis on data analytics. Students gain an advanced understanding of qualitative and techniques used to improve business decisions. They complete courses in accounting, economics, marketing and management as well as research methods and decision making. Students earn an MBA with an understanding of how data impacts business decisions on a daily basis. The program prepares graduates for leadership roles in the area of business data analytics. Courses required include:
- Accounting Analysis
- Business Information Analysis
- Corporate Financial Management
- Corporate Strategic Management
- Decision Modeling
- Industry Analysis
- Managerial Economics
- Organizational Management and Leadership
- Research Methods
- Strategic Marketing Management
Students use electives to concentrate their studies in Data Analytics.
About Arkansas Tech University
Arkansas Tech University was originally founded in 1909 as the Second District Agricultural School. In 1910, the decision was made to build the school in Russellville and the first classes were held in October of that year. Initially, the school was designed to offer classes that would lead to a high school diploma but two-year programs were added soon after the school opened. In 1925, the name of the school changed to Arkansas Polytechnic College after the courses that led to a high school diploma were phased out. In 1976, the school was renamed Arkansas Tech University.
Today, there are 12,054 students enrolled at Arkansas Tech and the school is one of the fastest growing in the state.
Arkansas Tech University Accreditation Details
Arkansas Tech University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Accreditation indicates that graduates of the university are well-prepared in their field of study. The University agrees to periodic, voluntary review to confirm that all programs meet or exceed the criteria set forth by the accrediting agency. If any areas are identified that need improvement, the college agrees to address those issues as soon as possible. In addition to regional accreditation, programs throughout the University are accredited by the following agencies:
- Accreditation Commission for Nursing Education
- Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration
- American Chemical Society
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education
- Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- Council for the Accreditation of Emergency Management Education
- Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism and Related Professions
- Council on Rehabilitation Education
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
- National Association of Schools of Music
Arkansas Tech University Application Requirements
Students who have not earned college credit after high school graduation are first-time students at Arkansas Tech. They must have a composite SAT score of 990 or higher or an ACT score of 19. They must also have a GPA of 2.0 or higher. Students must provide official high school transcripts and test scores for admission.
Students who have earned college credit after high school graduation are considered transfer students. They must provide official high school transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Students transferring in less than 24 credit hours must also provide official high school transcripts as well as official ACT or SAT scores. Students must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher in all previous college-level work.
In order to apply to the MBA degree program, students must have completed Principles of Accounting I & II, Principles of Economics I & II, Business Finance and Business Statistics. Students must hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university. They must have a 3.5 GPA in undergraduate work and must provide official GMAT or GRE scores as well as official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
Arkansas Tech University Tuition and Financial Aid
Full-time undergraduate tuition is $2,712 for in-state residents and $5,424 for out-of-state residents. Graduate tuition for Arkansas residents is $284 per credit hour and $568 per credit hour for non-residents.
Financial aid is available in the form of grants, scholarships, work-study programs, and loans. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to qualify for any financial assistance. All financial aid is awarded based on the University’s equal educational opportunity policy. It is important for students to remember that grant and scholarship money are considered gift aid which means they do not require repayment after graduation. Loans, however, including Parent PLUS loans, must be repaid after graduation.
Arkansas Tech University offers an undergraduate degree in data analytics that provides students the knowledge they need to use data to help make important business decisions. Based on requests from the community, the University has also added a Master of Business Administration with a concentration in data analytics to help students move into leadership roles in the field. Arkansas Tech University offers flexible class formats that make it easier for working adults to achieve their higher education goals in order to move into a new career or advance in a current career.
- Are Data Science Degrees Expensive?
- How Do I Know if Data Science is a Good Degree Path for Me?
- How Useful is a Data Science Degree?
- 5 Signs of an Innovative Data Science Degree Program
- 20 Best Data Science Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- 30 Best Master’s in Data Science Online Degree Programs